How I know God guides my photography.....

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the skies announce what his hands have made. Day after day they tell the story; night after night they tell it again. They have no speech or words; they have no voice to be heard. But their message goes out through all the world; their words go everywhere on earth."
Psalm 19: 1 - 4 (NCV).

Every time I look through the lens of my camera I see God working. Every day He reveals His majesty. Every night He shows me how He creates beauty even in the darkness. Even if I had not known Him before I started taking photos, the moment I looked at His creation up close (or far away) I see His glory and He guides me to see His beauty in all He has created. Photography just allows me to capture an image of what He has created.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Color, color, color…. For a fantastic splash of color, there is nothing like a trip to Duarte’s Poinsettias Nursery east of Ceres, California just before Christmas (mid-November on). They grow over sixty-thousand plants and 30 varieties and colors of poinsettias. I took this shot on an old Olympus Camedia C-4000 (4MB) point and shoot camera. The camera did most of the work; all I did was pick the subject and make sure what I saw, was something I liked. The control I had was the ISO (which I set to 100); the camera adjusted to 1/200 of a second at F2.8, and the focal length was at 68mm. No flash (there was plenty of light radiating through the overhead plastic panels). Nothing really technical here, just taking the time to find the grouping I wanted to take a photo of and getting close enough to capture the shot. Something so simple, yet so vibrant.

No comments: