How I know God guides my photography.....

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the skies announce what his hands have made. Day after day they tell the story; night after night they tell it again. They have no speech or words; they have no voice to be heard. But their message goes out through all the world; their words go everywhere on earth."
Psalm 19: 1 - 4 (NCV).

Every time I look through the lens of my camera I see God working. Every day He reveals His majesty. Every night He shows me how He creates beauty even in the darkness. Even if I had not known Him before I started taking photos, the moment I looked at His creation up close (or far away) I see His glory and He guides me to see His beauty in all He has created. Photography just allows me to capture an image of what He has created.

Friday, January 30, 2009

A View From The Top




The village of Vivier Sur Rhone ("Vivier" for short) has so many beautiful vistas and scenes. Every turn of the corner brings on another breath taking view. At the top of a hill overlooking the "new town" stands the "old town" and a very old church and yard. From the stone wall surrounding the church you look down and across the old section of the city. This is a photo I took on December 30, 2008 at about 3:45 p.m.. I'm still using the point and shoot camera with the ISO set at 100 (with the overcast and mist below, it was best to use this lower setting with a longer time exposure (1/30 of a second with a maximum aperture value of F3.3). The main focus was on the town in the foreground so the hills in the background just drifted off.


2 comments:

Mountain Mom said...

No people. Just the village. Makes one stare and wonder what kind of sounds there were, what were the people doing, what thousands of lifestyles and moods are represented? All being guarded by the aged church tower.

Anonymous said...

Hey B, have you ever thought of making post cards. Your pics are inspirational. Tehy almost take me there!