How I know God guides my photography.....

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the skies announce what his hands have made. Day after day they tell the story; night after night they tell it again. They have no speech or words; they have no voice to be heard. But their message goes out through all the world; their words go everywhere on earth."
Psalm 19: 1 - 4 (NCV).

Every time I look through the lens of my camera I see God working. Every day He reveals His majesty. Every night He shows me how He creates beauty even in the darkness. Even if I had not known Him before I started taking photos, the moment I looked at His creation up close (or far away) I see His glory and He guides me to see His beauty in all He has created. Photography just allows me to capture an image of what He has created.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

A WEEK IN WASHINGTON D.C.





During the week of April 15 through 19th, I had the opportunity to go to Washington D.C... The following were some of the photos I took while in Washington. Over the next week or so I will be posting more photos of some of the sights I visited while at the U.S. Capitol. These photos were taken in the usual lighting of Washington. If I didn’t like the lighting I only had to wait a few hours and I could go from dark, heavy rain soaked days (and nights) to bright (almost too bright) days where the rays of the sun bounced off the many marbled and glass buildings and monuments which made the contrasts in the photos different from what I usually take. New experiences with each shot. That's a lot of what I like in photography... no two photos are alike.

I was very fortunate to have been provided a tour through the office of my local Congressman (Dennis Cardoza) on my very first day in the Capitol. In several of the photos I’ll be presenting, you’ll notice that there are some locations you’ll see only with a pass and guide from an assistant to Members of Congress. I was very fortunate have been assisted by a very bright staff assistant to Congressman Cardoza. So, rather than bore you with the details of how I got from point "A" to point "B", I’ll just post some of the over 900 photos I took during my stay. I hope you enjoy the photos as much as I did taking them.


Over the next few days I'll be adding more to this section of photos and then there will be a section for Mount Vernon, Arlington National Cemetery, and other sights within Washington, D.C. Thanks for joining me on this photo trip and please feel free to comment or make suggestions.

During my trip I would have to say that Arlington National Cemetery was the most beautiful and restful place of all the places I've visited. There were several thousand people on the grounds at Arlington, yet it was peaceful and quiet. The beauty of the cemetery was only eclipsed by the respect the visitors showed those who are buried there. This was my first visit; it will not be my last. The changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier was more than I had expected. Each step of the twenty-one steps that were taken by the military person on guard could be heard, and every movement made ~ you could tell was being made with purpose and honor. Those who serve should be proud of the heritage of their actions. Arlingon is a great reminder of what sacrifice really is. If you can't get to Arlington, make a point of visiting one of the many National Cemetery locations.

3 comments:

Mountain Mom said...

I am speachless, and that does not happen very often. These are awe inspiring. I look forward to the ongoing entries.

J D 3 said...

BMoore....awesome pics. You should make copies and frame them!

Anonymous said...

Thanks J D 3.... I do have some processed (printed) and they hang in my home (rotate them so every few months there is something different on the wall)... Bmoore3