How I know God guides my photography.....

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the skies announce what his hands have made. Day after day they tell the story; night after night they tell it again. They have no speech or words; they have no voice to be heard. But their message goes out through all the world; their words go everywhere on earth."
Psalm 19: 1 - 4 (NCV).

Every time I look through the lens of my camera I see God working. Every day He reveals His majesty. Every night He shows me how He creates beauty even in the darkness. Even if I had not known Him before I started taking photos, the moment I looked at His creation up close (or far away) I see His glory and He guides me to see His beauty in all He has created. Photography just allows me to capture an image of what He has created.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

ART OF THE BUILDING


Eureka, California is a very unique city. Here is a photo I took of the Arkley Center for the Performing Arts on September 15, 2007 at 5:44 P.M. The sun was south west of the building and it gave the building a golden tone. I did use a polarizing filter and set the ISO at 400. Because I wanted to capture the richness of the painting on the side of the building, I set the speed at 1/250 of a second and the F stop at 11. I stood with the sun slightly over my left shoulder and about 150 feet from the building. Focal length was 31mm (focal length in 35mm film terms was 46mm). I took this with a Pentax K10D camera. This is one town with a thousand locations to shoot. Very attention-grabbing setting. Bring lots of memory with you and charge those batteries.

No comments: